I’m grateful for mantras. Mantras can be used in meditation or in life to help our minds focus on the results we are looking for. The results can be anything from connecting to the spiritual realm to getting through the most traumatic moments in our lives. Mantras are used in so many health and wellness practices. 12-Step programs are loaded with them to help with any aspect of recovery and self-care. Mantras have got me through many touch and go periods of my life. At one point, they were my survival tools. Gratefully today, I use them to re-align myself with the energy of love, abundance, and peace. I also use them to keep me in the energy for extended periods of time. Here are some of my favorites that I use, used, or keep coming back to:
- I AM (A reminder that I’m one with all that is and I’m everything I need to be in those two words)
- Bless it or block it (My friend Sandra introduced me to this prayer that I used as a mantra during my hardest times and now use as a guidance tool when I want to trust that everything that is not meant to be apart of my journey will be blocked from it)
- Be the Change (I use this as reminder to project the changes I want to see in the world)
- This too shall pass (EVERYTHING changes, nothing stays the same)
- Let go, let God (For anything I have no control over)
- I plan, God laughs (stay present and just align my energy with the highest good)
- Not my monkeys, not my circus (Keep out of other people’s drama)
- Stay in my own lane (Mind my own business)
- Put my oxygen mask on myself first, then help others (Self-care first)
- If God brings me to it, God will help me through it (Trust the process)
- Take what I like, and leave the rest (When I’m hearing someone’s perspectives of truth—no judgment)
- People are offering me seeds, I decide whether or not to plant them (What I let live in my thoughts and beliefs is my choice)
- Live and let live
- Is it my business? God’s business? or none of my business?
- Water my own grass (Don’t worry about what other people are doing, be accountable and responsible for what I’m doing)
- I’m accountable and responsible for the energy I exude (Reminder it’s not about what anybody else is doing)
- My financial wealth comes from doing what I love
- My relationships are a reflection of what is happening inside me (A reminder to do my inner work because my relationships are a reflection based on what I’m projecting)
- “God is the source of my supply” (a new one I just picked up from author B.J. Gallagher reminding me to stay in the energy of abundance when it comes to finances)
Today, I commit to using mantras to help align my energy. Divine timing is perfect timing. When I chose this topic a week ago (I write down topics as they come to me), I had no idea what my day was going to look like moment to moment a week later. Little did I know at the time, that today I would need to truly embrace this self-care tool with my whole heart. I had a moment where my energy fully slipped into the energy of fear, lack, and separation right before I was about to write the words, “Today, I commit”. I had to laugh at the AMAZING timing. My energy got stuck in worries of things I have absolutely no control over. I’m so grateful that I wrote the list of mantras before my mind got lost in a story of fear. The blessing is that I have the tools to get out of the story. All I have to do is use them. Here’s what I’m doing:
- Write the stories I’m telling myself out on paper so I see the messages of fear, lack, and separation clearly.
- Slow down and breathe while repeating the mantra, I AM. Doing this helps me get out of the story and into a state of Being.
- See what areas (from Day #308) have been triggered. This will help me determine what mantra(s) will best serve me today.
- Use EFT (Tapping) to help to shift my energy out of fear and introduce the mantra here as I feel the shift (Tapping.com is a great site for those interested in learning EFT basics).
- Repeat these steps throughout the day as needed to re-align me with the energy of love, abundance, and peace.
- Remind myself: I am responsible and accountable for where my energy is. I’m the only one who has the power to shift, remove, and/or change the energy that isn’t serving me. It’s not about blaming myself or anyone else. It’s about SEEING where I am in this moment, ACCEPTING where I am with love, and then doing something to CHANGE what isn’t working to serve my highest good. If I need help getting here, I pray.
- Thank the Divine for any signs, messengers, or guidance I’m given along the way, which includes giving me the topic of this particular post on this particular day. I love how this all works.
With Love, Abundance, and Peace,
© Rachael Wolff 2021
Author of Letters from a Better Me: How Becoming an Empowered Woman Transforms the World (Available in audio, ebook, and paperback from most major online book retailers) — Click title for more information