I’m grateful I made myself the lead character in my own story. Wow, that feels GREAT to say. I went way too long letting my thoughts and judgments of others write my story for me. I was a supporting character. Sometimes I think it was so bad that I might have had a walk-on role just watching everything happen and waiting for someone, anyone to notice me. I was so incredibly desperate that I sold myself out time and time again. NOT ANYMORE! I’m so grateful I learned that I have the power to write my own story, and it all begins with how I’m choosing to align my energy. When I shifted the energy I spent the majority of my time connecting to which was fear, lack, and separation, and started to connecting to the energy of love, abundance, and peace more frequently, I took the reigns of my own story. I stopped playing small and focused my energy on manifesting the life I was born to live—MY LIFE! Becoming aware of the stories that were playing in my head was the first step in seeing what I needed to work on to get the leading role back.
I love that now I get to help people figure out their own stories. I’m not here to tell anyone else what their story is or how it SHOULD look. That’s the beauty. We each get to be our own lead characters. In my story, my character works daily to align with the energy of love, abundance, and peace. I work with the stories playing in my head to see what scenes need some work and which ones are AWE-INSPIRING. It doesn’t matter what someone else thinks of my story, but that doesn’t mean I’m not open to learn and grow from others. That is the blessing of all the supporting characters. As long as I stay aligned with the energy of love, abundance, and peace, I will stay the lead.
Today, I commit to taking the LEAD in my own story. Each character who comes into my life gives me an opportunity to grow, but ONLY if I stay the lead of my own story. I have one life partner that will be there with me from the cradle to the grave and she faces me in the mirror everyday. I want to have the best relationship with her as I can, because the better that relationship is, the better all supporting relationships will be. The more I know myself, the less I unconsciously take out on others.
The blessings are endless as I’ve taken the lead role and aligned it with the energy of love, abundance, and peace. I’m so excited to see what happens next, because as long as my energy is aligned, I know it will add great value and beautiful depth to the story. Staying the lead is a daily commitment.
I get to write my story in the energy of love, abundance, and peace OR fear, lack, and separation for each and every scene. Here’s some of the things I think about when I consider what story I’m writing for myself, and how I want me as the lead character to play the role:
- Stay conscious of the stories playing on repeat in my head.
- Pay close attention to my reactions and responses to others.
- ALWAYS go within when I feel emotionally triggered by a person or situation.
- Keep the focus on my own story, NOT someone else’s story. Their story is theirs. I’m only the lead character in my own story.
- Know my mission statement. What do I want to represent out in the world?
- Align my energy with the energy it will take to complete my mission—Love, abundance, and peace.
- Remember, I’m not the victim of someone else’s poor choices in words, beliefs, or actions. I’m champion of my choices in thoughts, perspectives of truth (beliefs), actions, reactions, and responses.
- Feelings guide me. They are not to be numbed, suppressed, or hidden. They reveal key elements in what I need to move through and become a brighter light in the world. They are meant to be felt.
- Choose not to be a prisoner of any perspective that isn’t serving my highest good. If the perspective I’m putting energy into doesn’t serve the energy of love, abundance, and peace. It’s not doing me any good to hold onto it.
- Keep connecting with others who are aligned with the energy of love, abundance, and peace. Help to amplify that energy out in the world.
- Keep learning, growing, and experiencing. I’m never trapped in a moment, just the story of a moment. I can get past any challenges as long as I stay open and willing to receive the gifts that my challenges bring to me.
- I am the heroine of my story! No matter what happens, I will persevere.
With Love, Abundance, and Peace,
©Rachael Wolff 2021
Author of Letters from a Better Me: How Becoming an Empowered Woman Transforms the World Click title to more information at start your journey to becoming the heroine of your own story. You can start today!