I’m grateful for independence. I’ve found that independence means VERY different things to different people based on their own personal perspectives of truth. If a person’s views of independence are aligned with the energy of fear, lack, and separation, their view of independence can create war, chaos, separation, hate, and condemnation. When defining independence in these terms, the word creates a prison instead of freedom. When people align with fear, lack, and separation, they seek independence outside of themselves without practicing what it means to REALLY be free from within. They aren’t celebrating the freedom internally because they cannot consciously see how their stories are creating more fear, lack, and separation out in the world. We create our realities from the inside out. I’ve discovered to truly embrace independence and the freedom it offers, I have to live it inside of me first.
Living my independence means I’m not attached to the stories that keep me separate from anyone or anything outside of me. I’m not prisoner of my own mind, body, and soul. I’m free to create the internal world of my choosing. I consciously choose to keep working towards living in the energy of love, abundance, and peace inside and out. Nobody can take my choices of how I’m going to live internally away from me. It doesn’t matter where I live and what the people around me want for their lives, I’m accountable and responsible for living my truth.
July 4th represents a day the United States signed the Declaration of Independence in 1776. It was a collective attempt to make reality better by living free. This doesn’t mean that the individuals living within the U.S. would live free from their own prisons. When we live in our own prisons, we often try to put others in a prison too. We believe our way of living is the only way, and that our freedom means we can demand that others think and believe like we do. What we might not see is that we ourselves are living in a prison by expecting others to be someone they are not. The only person we have the POWER to change is ourselves. There were great intentions in this, but if someone is aligned with the energy of fear, lack, and separation, they will twist good intentions to work in their favor even if it makes another suffer for it. We unfortunately can make something like this work for everyone, because some people strive for living in the energy of love, abundance, and peace and others like the chaos living in the energy of fear, lack, and separation.
My FREEDOM lives in the choices I make every day to celebrate my independence to choose to live and create through my perspectives. This is why I’ve found that it is SO important to live experiences from the inside before I try to create the experiences around me. I can only ever project what I already have inside. I have the freedom to project love, abundance, and peace to the world. I also have the freedom to project fear, lack, and separation. I choose which one by how I align my thoughts, beliefs, and actions in each moment I’m given.
I know each of us have our journeys to live. I’m grateful that we are each independent to live free in our our hearts, spirits, and minds. I’m grateful I’m responsible and accountable for my own mental, spiritual, and physical freedom within me. I’m grateful I can allow you to be responsible and accountable for your own choices. I choose to see others through the eyes of love and compassion and live by example through my actions.
As I honor the actions that were taken to attain independence externally, I will honor those who collectively saw a vision of what it means from their perspectives of truth at that time. Everyone is going to live and remember this day through their own perspectives of truth. When I consciously consider what that means, I sit in the choice that each of us gets to take this moment and live it aligned with love, abundance, and peace or fear, lack, and separation. Each and everyone of us gets that choice.
Today, I commit to celebrating my independence. For me, celebrating MY independence means that I’m being responsible and accountable for what is mine. I look at what choices I’m making to align my energy with love, abundance, and peace, because that is where my FREEDOM lives. I’m free to CHOOSE to live in my love or my fear, my abundance or my lack, and my peace or my separation. Each one is inside of me, I get to CHOOSE which one I give power to through my thoughts, beliefs, and actions in each moment. This is how I celebrate my independence as my authentic self. Today, I celebrate my independence by CHOOSING to live and share from a loving place.
Living from a loving place is the place I found my greatest freedom. When I think of Independence Day, I think about the gift of being able to share my experiences knowing I’m contributing to the energy I WANT to see more of in the world.
I’m going to take the opportunity today to make a gratitude list of the ways my inward journey of gaining independence has changed my outward reality:
- I’m so grateful that I figured out that I was creating my own prison through my thoughts, beliefs, and actions that were aligned with the energy of fear, lack, and separation.
- I’m so grateful that I found the strength and courage to question the thoughts, beliefs, and actions that weren’t serving my highest good.
- I’m so grateful I was brave enough to change the patterns of behavior that were aligning me with people who were living in the energy of fear, lack, and separation.
- I’m so grateful I CHOOSE to allow people move in and out of my life and trust that those who are meant to be here are and the ones who aren’t meant to aren’t whether it’s for specific day, a stretch of time, or a lifetime.
- I’m so grateful that I can choose love even if people around me are choosing fear.
- I’m so grateful I can forgive myself and others and get myself out of the stories that hold me prisoner to fear, lack, and separation.
- I’m so grateful that I’m able to live consciously more often
- I’m so grateful for all the people who have shown me and/or helped me discover the need for tools that I can use to help me live the life I WANT.
Some questions to ponder:
- What does my Declaration of Independence look like?
- How do I set myself free?
- What beliefs are keeping me prisoner to the energy of fear, lack, and separation?
- What are other possibilities that could align me with love, abundance, and peace?
- What thoughts are keeping me in the energy of fear, lack, and separation?
- How could I changes those thoughts to align me with the energy of love, abundance, and peace?
- How do I need to present myself in the world to project the change I want to see?
- What behavior patterns are keeping me prisoner to fear, lack, and separation?
- What would be some healthier behavior choices?