As humans we love our stories, but remember our stories are our perceptions based on what we are focusing on right now. You and I could experience the same thing and have completely different feelings and reactions to the event. In order to get the most out of our lives, our stories and perceptions need to line up with the lives we ACTUALLY want. If they don’t, we will get stuck in your own darkness.
The only way to get out is by seeing our stories in a new and better ways. We are the lead characters in the stories of our lives, and we need to treat ourselves that way! We choose in every story we tell to be the heroine/ hero, victim, wallflower, and/or villain. Our power lies within how we see ourselves.
- What are we contributing to the world?
- How will our stories matter and/or serve humanity for the better?
- Do our stories bring meaning to our lives and the lives of those around us?
If we are struggling, we can choose to look at the situation as a lesson. It IS a choice. We can ask ourselves questions:
- What can I learn from being here?
- How would experiencing this help me serve others?
- How is the way I’m viewing myself effecting how other people treat me?
- Do I treat myself with love and respect?
- How am I working towards the life I want to have?
Thinking in these terms can open more doors and offer new stories that don’t keep us stuck…but instead help us find creative ways to move out of our own darkness and into the spotlight. We deserve to be in the spotlight, because this is OUR life!
With Love and Gratitude,
Rachael Wolff @2018