Negativity traps are laid out for us everywhere! We can’t go on social media, watch TV, or see a movie where there isn’t some sort of place we can choose to fall into negativity. We have been trained to look at life through a perception of fear. How does this serve us? It doesn’t! We fear so much that our bodies and minds pay very steep prices.
I’m vigilant, yet I still struggle not to fall into fear agendas. I see some of the most negative comments on positive messages and my heart breaks on how far this fear and negativity have gone. Even if there is no negativity there, we are trained to find it. I remember being with a narcissist who thought everyone had a secret agenda to hurt other people. I would listen to some of his ideas on what good people were thinking and it made my skin crawl that someone could twist things in his mind the way he did.
We are programmed not to see these negative messages. Some of us have gone through periods of complete unconsciousness, then wonder why we feel miserable all the time. When we stay in the present moment we don’t get caught up in the stream of negativity, but that’s not where they want us. That doesn’t sell. That doesn’t keep us buying the war, pills, alcohol, make-up, clothing, diets, houses, cars, and on and on.
So much consumerism, debate, psychological diagnoses, and false connection comes from us being in this negative place full of fear. We can better ourselves and our lives without being here. I don’t know about anyone else but I’m sick of being unconscious!
My focus is to notice why I’m doing what I’m doing:
- Am I eating the way I do because it makes me feel good or because I’m scared of gaining weight?
- Am I watching TV because I’m touched by what I’m choosing to watch or am I just trying to numb out (prime target for negativity)?
- Am I taking a pill because it’s good for my body or am I looking for an instant fix for a problem I’m actually trying to avoid?
- Am I talking to a friend because we are lifting each other up or are we commiserating in negativity keeping us down?
- Do I vote because I like what the person or policy has to offer or am I voting out of fear of something else?
- Do I do yoga because I like what it does for my body and mind or because I fear what will happen if I don’t?
- Do I want to do right by God because I truly believe in the power of spreading the love of the divine or do I fear the consequences if I don’t?
If I do things because of fear, my mind and body will respond accordingly. If I do things out to love for myself and what I believe, my mind and body will respond accordingly.
The question is: How do I want to live?
The answer: Full of love and respect for myself and the lives around me. I want to spread love!
With Love and Gratitude,
Rachael Wolff ©2018
If you like what you read, remember to follow the blog and visit me on Facebook.com/FromALovingPlace
2 responses to “Negativity and Fear: Is That Really How I Want to Live?”
xo you live this way!
On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 11:19 AM, from a loving place wrote:
> Rachael Wolff posted: “Negativity traps are laid out for us everywhere! We > can’t go on social media, watch TV, or see a movie where there isn’t some > sort of place we can choose to fall into negativity. We have been trained > to look at life through a perception of fear. How does ” >
LikeLiked by 1 person
I do my best! It helps having amazing people all around me 😘!