I’m grateful for waking up financially. These last 347 days have shown me a lot about where I am and where I’m not. I’ve been getting clear on where and when I focus on the energy of love, abundance, and peace and/or the energy of fear, lack, and separation. The awareness is the waking up process. When I started writing this series, I didn’t have any clue how much I still focused on lack when it came to financial wellness. I thought because I KNEW money wasn’t evil and I KNEW that what I need always shows up, I was living in abundance. What I discovered is there were so many other little hidden messages that kept me in fear, lack, and separation from obtaining a healthy relationship with money.
My lack of financial wellness was keeping me prisoner, but it was buried under the surface. I KNOW I’m where I’m supposed to be, but then all the sudden I will go down the rabbit hole of desperately attempting to chase financial abundance. I focus on what I can’t provide for my kids or what I can’t pay back or pay forward at this moment. I sometimes get stuck in this energy to the point where I make a series of choices that are acting against myself, which just keeps me stuck in the energy of lack.
Financial wellness isn’t about a number. It isn’t about having a particular amount of money to “make” me happy or feel worthy as a member of society. Financial wellness is about making sure I have a healthy relationship with money, so that when it comes in I don’t sabotage it with unhealthy thoughts, beliefs, and actions, and when it goes out, I’m not sabotaging it by my energy of fear, lack, and separation. My job is to be grateful for what comes in and what goes out. If I have it to give, I was provided for in order to have that money.
I’ve also figured out that there is a lot of wisdom to absorb from not having money at a particular time. There are so many incredible gifts from the journey, but I can’t see them when I’m aligning with the energy of fear, lack, and separation. All I do is justify my thoughts, beliefs, and actions to keep me prisoner of the cycle. If I’m projecting out lack, I will attract more to feel in lack of…because that is where my mindset takes me.
I remember when I lived in a toxic energy around my romantic relationships, I kept myself prisoner for along time in unhealthy patterns of thoughts, beliefs, and actions. I had to do the work to be able to wake up and STAY AWAKE so that I wouldn’t repeat the patterns. Having done the work, I know the amazing results. I’m waking up financially. Now, I have to do the work to stay awake.
Today, I commit to igniting my financial awareness to be in the energy of abundance. I’m getting to work! I’ve discovered so much on my journey. Now, it’s time to unpack and organize in order to make space for the new wisdom to reflect back to me. How do I project financial wellness? That’s the question I’m asking myself today. If I don’t know how to project financial wellness, I’m not capable of attracting financial abundance. I can only attract what I’m projecting, my reality is my mirror. Like I’ve been saying the past few days, I can’t fake where I am. The Universe knows, and as Sam Beasley and B.J. Gallagher say in the title of their book, Your Life is Your Prayer. Every thought, idea, and belief I carry around with me is a prayer to the Universe. It’s my job to make sure my prayers are aligned with the energy of love, abundance, and peace over fear, lack, and separation.
I’m digging down today to see if I’m still harboring any attachments to the energy of fear, lack, and separation that are affecting my financial well-being. Here’s my plan:
- Look at the money that comes in and see where my energy goes. How do I treat the money coming in to support my wants and survival?
- Look at the money that goes out and see where my energy goes. How do I treat the money going out to support my wants and survival?
- Look at how I think about people who have a lot of money. What thoughts, observations, ideas, and/or judgments are coming up? Are they aligned with the energy of love, abundance, and peace or fear, lack, and separation?
- Look at how I think about people who have very little money. What thoughts, observations, ideas, and/or judgments are coming up? Are they aligned with the energy of love, abundance, and peace or fear, lack, and separation?
- Write down all the thoughts, ideas, and beliefs about money that are serving my life in healthy ways.
- Write down all the thoughts, ideas, and beliefs about money that are keeping me a prisoner to fear, lacks and separation.
- Write down new statements that would serve me in a way that aligns my energy with love, abundance, and peace.
- Repeat the new thoughts out loud to see what feels right.
- Take an action step in this moment aligned with a new healthier belief that supports my financial wellness.