I’m grateful for the lessons of 2020. Yes, I said it, I’m grateful for what I learned in 2020. If you’ve been following my blog or know anything about who I am, you know that I study people from a variety of different angles. 2020 has offered me so many opportunities to learn from what I’ve seen come to light. First, adapt and pivot has been a lesson for most of us, but what is most interesting to me is to watch how people either adapt and pivot aligned with love, abundance, and peace or fear, lack, and separation. I honestly had no idea how much fear, lack, and separation there was in the world until 2020. Don’t get me wrong, I knew there was a lot, but NO IDEA how much. I have faced a lot of trauma in my life. I have been a victim of other people’s poor choices, but I do not live in a victim mentality no matter how many people told me that I had every right to. That was too painful a place for me. I’m seeing so many choose to live in victim mentality which is a painful manifestation of living in the energy of fear, lack, and separation. I learned a long time ago that living in victim mentality gives my power away, and skews my vision of everything that comes into my life. When I lived there, I kept repeating the same painful patterns and expecting different results, which is the definition of insanity. I like to learn lessons so that I don’t have to repeat them.
Today, I commit to appreciating what I learned in 2020. I know I will think of more I’ve learned, but here are some of the lessons that stick out:
- Be conscious of where I’m aligning my energy. I watched myself get sucked into the energy of fear, lack, and separation by feeding that energy every day. This was painful. I had to take my power back by doing the daily work to align with love, abundance, and peace.
- I have no idea what the future holds. I had a plan for 2020, which is the first time I got emotionally attached to an external plan in years. I got the reminder, “I plan, God laughs.” There is a bigger picture that I know nothing about. The best I can do is align my thoughts, beliefs, actions, and reactions with love, abundance, and peace so that I do my best to not contribute to the fear, lack, and separation in the world.
- Healing past wounds is essential for a healthy mindset. Seeing how dark people will go has shown me how essential it is to heal my inner world so that I don’t take it out on others.
- I will do my best to protect my neighbor. I wear a mask. I have no problem wearing a mask. I’m not afraid of COVID killing me, because I’m here as long as I’m meant to be, but I will not let my behavior contribute to someone else’s demise. This doesn’t just include the people who may get sick, but all the caregiver and healthcare workers who are getting overworked and having to deal with so many stressors out of their control. If I can do something simple like, where a mask to help them, that is what I will do. I learned that humanity comes first in my book.
- Seeing those who feel unseen is a gift to humanity. So many of us just want to feel seen and heard. If I can contribute to someone feeling like they matter, I will let them know that they do. I will listen and sit with compassion and empathy.
- Hate is a poison that is infectious. I’ve seen separation, which is a foundation of hate grow in it’s strength. I’ve watched love heal the wounds of that separation when we are willing and open to look outside of our bubbles of beliefs that keep us separate.
- The energy Fear, lack, and separation is dangerous if I let it fester, grow, and spread. There are a lot of sick people in this world who prey on our energy of fear, lack, and separation. The more we live in it, the more damage it does. I will do the work to have limited time inside of me.
- Worrying about the future does nothing to help me in the present, it only aligns me with fear, lack, and separation. It’s what I choose to think, believe, and do right in this moment that matters. How do I align with love, abundance, and peace from the exact moment I’m in right now!
- When I align with love, abundance, and peace, the blessings show up in so many amazing ways! It’s as simple as that. I just have to stop trying to complicate the simple.
We all have our own lessons to learn with each passing year. That is a part of our own unique journey. If you are reading this, I encourage you to make your own list. I have to say, it felt good to write it. Thank you for being here with me on my journey. If what I write resonates with you, I hope you will scroll down and follow the blog so that we can stay aligned with love, abundance, and peace together.
With Love, Abundance, and Peace,
©Rachael Wolff 2020
Author of Letters from a Better Me