I’m grateful for my love of humanity. My love for humanity helps me to see clearly. When I focus on humanity first, I see humanity instead of categories. It helps me not to categorize any group in an ALL good or All bad manner. It helps me to see the human who is struggling with their own humanity. My love makes it easy for me to have compassion for myself and others. This is not to say that I don’t have my triggers, I do. I’m very aware of my triggers and the specific behaviors that can still make my blood boil. The beautiful thing is that my love for humanity has taught me how to release and let go, so that I don’t carry the weight of another human’s choices. My love for humanity means having love for myself too. Loving myself means that I am able to not take what other’s do personally. Only if I feel insecure about my value do I take someone else’s attachments to fear, lack, and separation personally. This doesn’t mean that I don’t have healthy boundaries either. This means that because I love myself, I will not accept behavior that is disrespectful. This looks different under different circumstances. Loving humanity first in NO WAY means that I will accept abuse from someone consumed by the energy of fear, lack, and separation. It means that I will my work to align daily with love, abundance, and peace so that I don’t give someone a negative energy force to feed on. This also allows me to keep my energy intact.
Today, I commit to embracing my love for humanity. Right now news and scrolling social media aren’t helping me see humanity first. This means I have to change my behavior. I will go on the internet with the intention of learning about my fellow human. How do I see someone else’s humanity first? How do I see my humanity first?
I will look up things like Ted Talks, acts of kindness, paying it forward, and good samaritans. I will be in search of people’s stories of forgiveness, overcoming challenges, and compassion. Remember, wherever we put our focus, we will see more of. It doesn’t mean there is more of it, it just means there is more WHERE our energy is aligned. If I want to see more love, abundance, and peace in the world, I have to search out the humans who are creating it and NOT JUDGE the people who are showing up, because that is me stuck in fear, lack, and separation.
I told you above how some human behaviors can still make my blood boil, but I have tools I use to help get me out of that space.
- I have to take responsibility and be accountable for my energy. My blood is boiling. The other person can’t MAKE my blood boil. They are not responsible for my energy, I am.
- I allow myself to feel what I’m feeling. Sometimes I will write it out and let it get as ugly as it is in my head. This helps me to release it from holding inside and turning it into shame, self-blame, or guilt. Once I’ve done this for a short time, I will shake it off in some way physically. I might go in for some fast cardio with high pumping music; do a dance shake; or just shake every part of my body for 8 minutes (I just learned this technique Dr. Jodie Skillicorn).
- Once, I’ve taken responsibility, I’m accountable for shifting my own energy. I start with deep breaths in and out. The out breath is very important because when we are stressed and/or angry we hold our breath, this restricts oxygen flow. That means our brains don’t have the ability to function at their highest capacity.
- I search out perspectives that make me feel better. I remind myself by me taking on hate, rage, and/or revenge thinking isn’t HELPING. I actually became as dark as the person doing the hateful things when I allow myself to fester in that energy. I can’t find solutions to hate if I’m stuck in hate myself. I’m just a part of the vicious cycle. That tends to take me down a level. Then I go deeper
- Look for my compassion and forgiveness. I know that me carry the weight of hate is hurting me, so I next try to do things to help me release myself from that person’s actions, words, and beliefs that have them lost in fear, lack, and separation. Sometimes I have to research narcissists, sociopaths, addictions, family history, and other disorders/conditions that contribute to someone being stuck fear, lack, and separation.
- If my energy is not yet back to peace, I will do things like write a forgiveness letter and burn it snd/or I will meditate, dance (and listen to music) or take a nature walk. It all depends on where my energy level is. The only person’s energy I can fix is my own, so that is where I put my focus.
- I ask myself, “What can I do to help humanity right now from a loving place?” Sometimes, the answer is just cleaning up my own energy so that I’m not contributing more to the fear, lack, and separation in the world. Other times, it’s writing a blog. Sometimes it’s working on a book or book ideas. Other times it may be working with individuals one-on-one. Sometimes it’s bringing love, abundance, and peace to social media. I go where I’m guided.