I’m grateful that I’m responsible and accountable for the stories I tell myself. We all have stories playing in our heads throughout the day. We feed our stories by consciously or unconsciously choosing what we are allowing to influence our thoughts. When I took responsibility for that, it made it easier for me to be conscious of when I was being influenced by my own or other people’s stories of fear, lack, and separation. The beautiful thing is that it made me more conscious of when I was being influenced by my own or other people’s stories aligning with the energy of love, abundance, and peace. The more I surround myself with people sharing their energy of love, abundance, and peace, the healthier the stories in my head are. The better I treat myself, the healthier the stories in my head are. If I’m not healthy in the way I treat myself, my stories won’t be healthy no matter what happens outside of me. I can take people’s authentic kindness and turn it in to evil if I’m not conscious of the stories playing in my head.
I know that if my thoughts and stories are aligning with fear, lack, and separation, the only person who can do anything to change it is me. I have to want to stop telling myself stories that keep me aligned with fear, lack, and separation. If I want to align better with love, abundance, and peace, I HAVE TO DO THE WORK. I’m responsible and accountable for changing the stories in my own head to reflect the life I want to be living. To me, seeing it this way feels so much more empowering!
Today, I commit to making conscious choices to align my internal stories with love, abundance, and peace. I’m the only one who has ANY control over the stories in my head. If I want to change them, I have to do the work! One of the things that really helps me is to write down the tools I have before I feel like I need to use them. Some of the tools that have worked in the past to help me re-frame the stories in my head are:
- Make SURE my self-talk is healthy!!!
- Treat myself with love, respect, compassion, and empathy (See yesterday’s post here)
- Watching videos of people doing good in the world
- Writing a letter to myself, a friend, God, or the Universe talking about the story I want to be telling in my head (I make sure my story is fully aligned with the energy of love, abundance, and peace)
- Write out the stories that are spinning in my head
- Listening to audiobooks on subjects of personal and/or spiritual development help me to re-align
- Asking myself about other ways to look at the situation that are aligned with love, abundance, and peace works to help me calm my energy down
- Listening to fun and uplifting music that has a positive story attached
- Bring myself back to the present moment using mindfulness exercises (Most my stories aligning with fear, lack, and separation are from the unhealed past or fear of an unknown future)
- Be aware when outside influences are aligned with fear, lack, and separation, and remind myself that is not where I want my energy to be
- Look up positive/ inspirational quotes and write them down
If you want to join me on this journey of living life as our best selves, you can check out my book. You can see a free preview below by going to Amazon. If you are not already, you can also follow FromALovingPlace.com by scrolling down and signing up to follow on your WordPress app or by email. You can also see all the Daily Aligning with Love, Abundance, and Peace posts on Facebook.com/Lettersfromabetterme and Twitter.