I’m so grateful I understand the power of repetition—the good, the bad, and the ugly. My life has blessed me in so many ways. Some of my ugliest experiences helped to guide me on paths to knowledge and understanding of how the human mind works. I’ve learned how repetition keeps us prisoner, and how it sets us free. I love learning. So much of the wisdom I’ve passed on is through thirty plus years of reading and studying this particular area. With tons of new brain research, it’s taken concepts I’ve learned over the years and explained the why behind them. Dr. Joe Dispenza explains why he uses repetition in his book Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself, “Repetition reinforces the circuits in your brain and forms more neural connections so the in you weakest hour, you don’t talk yourself out of greatness.” That’s used like I use it in my “Daily Aligning with Love, Abundance, and Peace” series. You will hear me repeat things over and over to help myself and readers to slow down and make sure we are aligning with the energy we actually WANT to be aligning with.
Then there is the bad, I opened my eyes to this in a media and society class, where I learned the concept of, “cradle to the grave marketing” amongst other tactics. This is how we are fed repeated messages of we aren’t enough without some material good or service. We aren’t enough unless we invest our money here… Your life would be so much better if… This is why Winnie the Pooh and McDonalds have the same colors. There are no accidents in marketing. Marketing uses psychology to get us to buy products and services. When we showed the media that we loved gossip over news (based on what sold in the market), we transformed news into gossip and facts became less important. People are more likely to believe gossip, because we’ve been trained to live in the energy of fear, lack, and separation. The constant repetition keeps us in the energy fear, lack, and separation if we BLINDLY keep following the cycle. Now, this is bad and we are seeing this explode in 2020. This can become a good thing when we open our eyes to break the cycle by not contributing. When we create new cycles coming from the place of love, abundance, and peace, the repetition opens so many amazing doors.
Now for the ugly. I’m grateful I understand the psychology of the ugly, because I see what happens when people don’t (including my 10 years of abuse). I don’t blame the people who fall victim to the ugly. I don’t even blame the sick individuals who are brought to teach us about the ugly.This doesn’t mean I don’t hold them responsible, but the only person we are responsible and accountable for is ourselves. So if I’ve fallen into a cycle of contributing to their behavior, I need to be responsible and accountable for my choices so that I can change them. When I blame, I take away my power to change the things that keep ME prisoner. This is why it is SO important to be conscious of the powers of repetition. There are humans with mental illnesses such as narcissistic personality disorder (narcissist) and antisocial personality disorder (sociopath), amongst others who aren’t capable of thinking in a way that a healthy mind thinks.
I spent years studying these two disorders, and there are patterns of behavior they use repeatedly to lure in victims and actually get people to turn on the victims of their abuse, only to abuse them more.It is scary just how repetitive and similar the messages are from individual to individual. I’ve read books that quoted the same toxic repetitive messages that were spoon-fed to me. They need people to attach to the cycle of fear, lack, and separation to align with them. Blaming others is one of their favorite tools to get people aligned with them (I write about this in other blogs). With both disorders, they are not able to to be accountable and take personal responsibility. Someone else always made them…
How this one gets ugly is when people are attached to fear, lack, and separation they can become unconsciously apart of the cycle of abuse. This isn’t about where someone else is putting their energy, it’s about where we are CHOOSING to put ours. If we fall into doing the same behaviors we see in the person we don’t like or respect, we are still contributing to the energy that strengthens what a mentally unhealthy individual is trying to do. This happens in individual abusive relationships (romantic, familial, working, acquaintance) and on societal levels. Being AWARE of repetitions that feed the cycles of fear, lack, and separation are essential if we want to break out of that energy, otherwise we become apart of it. If I slip, I can quickly move into gratitude for the awareness of slipping.
You can click on any of the titles below to go to an article:
Social Media: A Narcissist’s Playground, 5 Ways Narcissist’s Use Social Media, A Warning to Social Media Users, How Researching Narcissist Personality Disorder…, Feel-Good Friday Book Series: Power (You can search the categories of narcissists or abuse to find more)
Today, I commit to looking at the repetitive messages I’m allowing to let influence my energy. If you hear yourself blaming right now, slow down. Blame keeps you in the energy of fear, lack, and separation. If we want to break the cycle of that energy, we have to start with what we are doing and what we are allowing to shift us from the energy of love, abundance, and peace. This is an inside job! The reason I’m writing on this topic right now is because it is something that I am actively working on. The other night when I was watching the news, I got sick to my stomach. The fear, lack, and separation was getting to me. I realized I was contributing to the very energy that I’m trying to make better. This is a BIG PROBLEM. This means I have to change the repetitive messages that I’m allowing to LET influence my energy, because I know I don’t want to make that energy any stronger than it is right now.
We each have to figure out what we want our repetitive messages to look like. Sometimes it takes testing out practices to see what works and what doesn’t. Sometimes we will need to change things up as we change and grow. What I do may not feel or be right for you and vice versa. The beautiful thing is that there are SO many options and resources. As long as you make the commitment to yourself to align with the energy of love, abundance, and peace, the doors to staying in that energy start opening up. If you have read any of my past posts, you will see how that has been working in my life. Here are some of the things I’m doing to stay in the energy that sets ME free at the time of this writing (it will change):
- Obviously one of the repetitive things I’m doing is writing this series. Even when I slip, it helps get me back on track quickly!
- Every night before bed, I write a gratitude list for that day. This helps me to make sure I’m in the energy of love, abundance, and peace before I go to sleep.
- I set up a Spotify playlists to play meditations meant to align me with the energy I want to be in. I can play these throughout the day and when I sleep every night. The repetitive messages are about abundance, love, and peace.
- I exercise on my Simply Fit Board, walk, and stretch (Classical Stretch on PBS and available on YouTube). This helps me to literally move any stuck energy in my body. BELIEVE me, this is REALLY important!
- I eat lots of healthy foods. If my body feels good and I feel good about what I’m putting into my body, it’s much easier to align.
- I read books that I feel help me to stay aligned. I read a lot of psychology, because the knowledge and research helps me to reframe negative thoughts about myself or others. I love neuroscience, quantum physics, religion, self-help, memoirs, and spiritual and personal growth. Pretty much anything that helps me understand myself and others better, I read. I have at least two to three books going at a time. The beautiful thing about this journey is more and more keep showing up in front of me and it truly has been AMAZING!
- I pray for family, loved ones, and strangers who are lost in the cycle of fear, lack, and separation.
- To stay out of the negative political energy in the US, I did lots and lots research, then I voted. Now, I need to let it go, because these campaigns feed the energy of fear, lack, and separation, and I just go on the facts, so it doesn’t serve me or my energy to continue to hear any mudslinging on either side from the candidates or the followers. That is contributing to the energy of separation, which only strengthens it’s power. The more I watch, the more I found myself slipping into that energy, so I knew for myself I had to change the repetitive cycle. I’ve done my part by voting, and I stayed aligned with the energy of love, abundance, and peace, so I feel good about my contribution.
I hope this helps any readers who are struggling with staying aligned. It really is important to stay aware of what messages we are allowing to feed our energy. If we feel the need to drop down to someone else’s negative level, it tends to be we’ve been repetitively feeding the energy of fear, lack, and separation. When we are repetitively feeding the energy of love, abundance, and peace, it feeds into actions that reflect compassion, empathy, and kindness. For me, all my psychology research helps me to stay in a place of compassion and empathy, because I know how it works. If you are struggling with this you can look to the science, or if you are spiritual you can look to the stories of humans like Jesus and how he behaved even in the face of extreme hate. You could also look to our history and find leaders who used love, kindness, and compassion to make great changes. Feed the energy you want to see more of, and make it repetitive.
If you want to follow along with this series, make sure to sign-up to receive the daily emails.
With Love, Abundance, and Peace,
©Rachael Wolff 2020
If my messages align with the life you want to live, I give a lot more tools in my book. I hope you will check it out. You can read or listen to free samples on Amazon.