90-Day A Better Me Series
Part III: Living the Journey
Making the Now Count: Rebuilding our Lives
Day 87: Being Active About What We Stand For
“The best political, social, and spiritual work we can do is to withdraw the projection of our shadow onto others.”
When we are acting out of our darkness (shadow/fear), we are acting in the energy of AGAINST. We are putting our energy into what we don’t want more of. We are fighting (violence/war)! We are actually contributing to making the problem even bigger. It may improve one area, but it will cause worse problems in other areas. Representing what we stand for doesn’t have to be this way. Women like Mother Teresa knew it.
Many of us will still use the FIGHT as a source of empowerment. Like I’ve said before, it’s not always about the words, but the energy that lies behind the words. To me, fight represents battle, violence, war, darkness, and toxic energy. So when I fight something, I’m making those energies in me stronger. Words have different meanings and hold different energy to different people. If I have an emotional attachment to a word it will affect me in a positive or negative way. This is MY STUFF! If you are triggered by words, that is YOUR stuff. We need to make sure that when we are triggered, we take responsibility. Otherwise, our energy can easily slip from what we stand for to what we are against.
When we are standing to represent a person (including ourselves), a cause, a position, a perspective of truth, a political party and/or a member, etc., we will get so much farther if our energy is in the right place. If we are attacking others to make our points—We are in the dark! If we are fighting against—We are in the dark! It is a challenge to find out what people stand for sometimes. There are plenty of times I can tell you what a person is against without being able to tell you what they are for, and I’m TRYING to look for it. It pains me to see great causes put their energy into what they are against instead of what they are for. We miss steps in taking care of the people we are looking to protect when our energy is aimed at who’s to blame, judge, and shame. We miss elements of self-care when we put out energy out there to feed the fear (darkness, shadow, toxic energy). We fall into our own darkness which becomes toxic energy if it goes unchecked.
When we actively represent what we are standing for from a loving place. Our message can be heard. We don’t trigger the twelve year old defensive system of all the parties involved if they are not feeling attacked by what we are saying and/or doing, because we aren’t attacking—We are STANDING.
If you want to take actions to change things in this world, make sure you are standing. People are going to disagree. Good! Not everyone has to agree with us. We are operating from our own perspectives of truth. We are accountable for OUR OWN perspectives of truth. By standing and acting from a loving place, we may see that we don’t agree, but multiple perspectives gives us lessons, opportunities, and depth to become better versions of ourselves. Each of us has light and darkness (love and fear) living inside of us. Which one do we want to spread? Which one do we want to make stronger? This goes for our relationships, causes, positions, and/or perspectives of truth. What do we want to stand for?
From a loving place is a stand to represent the sharing and spreading of love. This means I don’t have to fight others to be right, I simply share my perspectives of truth that feeds the energy I wish to see more of. People are welcome to agree or disagree with the things I say because I know that they need to live according the perspectives of truth that feel best to them. That’s their journey. By thinking this way it helps me to actively and consciously represent what I stand for. If I stand for love, connection, compassion, empathy, peace and overall goodness in the world, I have to represent that in my inner and outer life.
Are we going to do this perfectly??? Once again, I repeat, NOT A CHANCE! We aren’t meant to do this perfectly. If we want to be compassionate and empathetic people we have to understand on the deepest of levels that we are all going to go through struggles on our journeys—Including US! Our struggles have some very important lessons to teach us.
7 Steps to Being Active About What We Stand For
- Get clear about what you stand for. If you hear yourself representing what you are against instead of what you are for, sit down and write! What are you trying to accomplish? How does what you are trying to accomplish represent what you are standing for?
- Write out your personal mission statement about what you stand for. Just like in business be clear and concise. If you need help, look on-line for the best mission statements. You will find great inspiration there.
- Make sure your inside mission and your outside mission are aligned. If you want people to feel good about themselves, but you treat yourself horribly, the energies will conflict. You will be working in the energy of AGAINST. Stay Aligned!
- Let the pathways present themselves. When you are aligned the pathways to represent what you stand for open up. This happens in relationships, careers, causes, and lifestyles. Your energy is aligned, so the work will come. You will run with it and STAND!
- BE TRUE TO YOUR MISSION! We may be led into a battlefield, but it doesn’t mean that we can’t stand. If our inner and outer energy is aligned, we can represent what we stand for even if people who are with us are fighting what they are against. Just don’t take the bait and get hooked into the energy you don’t want make stronger. You can help others by being clear how you want to represent what you are standing for.
- Take Responsibility for your feelings, thoughts, perspectives of truth, and actions. How you react and/or respond is ALWAYS your responsibility and EMPOWERMENT. How you choose to use your power is up to you. If you slip and fall into your darkness, take responsibility for it. If you spread your light, take responsibility for it.
- DO THE WORK! If you want to stay in the energy of what you stand for you have to continue to do the inner and outer work. If you don’t do the work, you aren’t being active about what you stand for. You won’t get results if you aren’t willing to dive in.
I wrote the 90-Day A Better Me & A Better Me Letter Series because of my commitment to the work. Writing, sharing, and cleaning up my own internal home is a necessary piece of my mission to represent what I stand for. Writing has helped me to stay accountable for my own energy and I’m honored to be able to share the work to assist others on their journeys. Miracles have been unfolding along this 90-day path for me as I continue to write and share the perspectives of truth that inspire me to be the best version of myself and that help me to live a life I continue to be grateful for daily. This doesn’t mean I haven’t seen my share of struggles during these last 87 day, I have. Since I’m doing the work on a daily basis, it means I’m learning from the struggles faster and they have less effect on my energy that I’m putting out. That is an AMAZING gift in itself. The point is, if you are doing the work and representing what you stand for, your journey will unfold in ways that you never expected. Enjoy the journey!
With Love and Gratitude,
Rachael Wolff ©2019
Today’s Letter From A Better Me: 90-Day A Better Me Letters Series: Day 87 – Being Active About What I Stand For