90-Day A Better Me Series
Part III: Living the Journey
Making the Now Count: Rebuilding our Lives
Day 65: Implementing Soul Purpose to Our Prayers
“Prayers are requests we make of our Higher Power to align us with a different force field, a new center of gravity and power source. This allows us to release our subconscious mind’s allegiance to our ego and the messages of the outer world that are programming it so that it can be infused with Divine inner guidance for our lives.”
-Robert Ohotto, Transforming Fate into Destiny
I read the book Transforming Fate into Destiny by Robert Ohotto as a part of a book club in 2009 or 2010. I remember not feeling very connected to the book. Then I got to the section on prayer, and I knew exactly why I was meant to read the book. The section on prayer changed the way I prayed and it opened me up to a WORLD of transformation. It doesn’t matter what religion a person follows, the section on prayer is an eye-opening experience as he gives examples of what Ohotto calls, “ego prayers” and “soul prayers”. Before reading this book, I didn’t realize how much ego I put into my prayers. I would say I had faith, but then in my prayers I would sometimes act like I knew what was best for others and myself. It was like saying, “I trust you, BUT here’s what I see as the best solution.” We either trust the Divine Energy that we believe in or we don’t, the second we think that we know what is best through our straw-hole view (exercise from earlier in the 90-Day A Better Me Series) of the Universe, our actions say we don’t trust in the Divine’s plan for the people we are praying for, the animals we are praying for, and the world we are praying for.
My perspective of truth tells me I have a soul purpose here. I’m guided along a path that leads me to develop in ways to implement my soul’s purpose. I can’t pretend to know where the path is going to take me from day to day. When I try to plan it, God laughs. I can be very entertaining when I try to pretend I have control over the Universe. I can’t tell you how many times I just knew what was going to happen and when…Are you guessing that it didn’t happen? You’re right. Every time I pretend that I know, I’m given a lesson that tells me, NOPE you don’t. Let’s just say, changing the way I pray has helped me to put my faith where it belonged without getting attached to the way I think something SHOULD go.
Implementing soul purpose in our prayers helps us to get out of the ego while still sending faith-filled, joyful, compassionate, empathetic, loving, and/or appreciative energy out into the world. Our soul purpose is to shine our light (love) as bright as we can. This looks different for every individual because of the tights of color that each individual brings to the light. We each are guided down paths to brighten our own lights, just because they don’t look like someone else’s light, doesn’t mean our light is less or more than theirs. So are prayers are important to the Universal energy.
I believe in the power of prayer, it doesn’t mean we are going to get the results we as individuals want, but the healing energy brought out by the empathy, love, and compassion of others shifts the energy of the planet in ways no human will ever be able to fully comprehend. The results create ripples of miracle after miracle. When we look at it from a loving place, it’s pure MAGIC!
Here are some ideas for prayers that can help strengthen our own personal energy, our energy that connects us to Spirit, and the energy that adds our unique light to the world. When I think about the energy of prayer implementing each of our soul purposes, I see it as the most beautiful image of differentiating colorful lights that bring out the feeling of AWE.
Reminder: Light = Spirit, love, joy, acceptance, unity, compassion, empathy, health, wellness, appreciation, acceptance, peace, etc. Dark (Lack of Light) = Fear, hate, shame, envy, judgment, blame, corruption, revenge, separateness, manipulation, gaslighting, etc.
Please add the name you call the Higher Power/ Creator to the beginning of each prayer you use. Make sure you are connecting to your Creator through LOVE. If certain titles bring fear, find one that represents the Loving energy of the Creator. You want to make sure you are connecting to the energy that brings out your light, and you can’t do that through the energy of fear.
Personal Light Energy
- Source of ALL light, please help me to see my own dark corners so that I can shine light on them. Give me the courage and strength to look within and face my own dark thinking. Show me the path that will connect me to my brightest light, my soul’s purpose.
- Please help me to see the light that I have within me. Help guide me through ways to encourage the feeling of love within myself.
- Please help me find the path that will allow me to shine my brightest. I trust that wherever I go, you are leading the way. I trust that whatever darkness I face is an important piece to help me see my own light.
- Please shine through me. I know I’m where I am where I am right now for a reason. Help me see the lesson I’m here to learn in order to strengthen my light. Allow me the strength to push the mental, physical, and emotional pain of my situation to find the love within me.
Light Energy Connecting Us to Spirit
- Please give me the path to your light in dark times. Could you please light the way of the step in front of me to show me signs of how to connect with your light?
- I’m feeling disconnected, please show me a way to feel your light right now.
- Please allow your love to permeate through me in order to shine the light on all of who you created me to be. Please help me to connect to your healing light.
- Please help me to connect to your love, so that I can recognize the love within me.
Adding Light to the World in Our Prayers for Others
- Please shine light on my friend, _________________. Allow your light to work through her in his/her time of darkness.
- Please send love to the people who are grieving the loss of your creations. Allow them to feel the light of the ones they’ve lost and the light of your love in these hard times.
- Please help me to shine your light of love into this situation where there is a lot of darkness. Help me find the words to bring light into other’s dark. Please help me to stay strong in order to not contribute to the dark or get consumed by it. Please protect me in your light while I face the darkness around me.
- Please allow me to see the purpose of the darkness I’m seeing in the world. Please help me to add light to any area that needs it.
These are just suggestions to help you to open the door. The best thing we can do in any situation is to send love and shine light. That is the only way to illuminate the dark. Spirit is ALL light. When we can connect to that Source light, we strengthen ours, and help to light up the world around us.
With Love and Gratitude,
Rachael Wolff ©2019
Don’t forget to read today’s companion piece: 90-Day A Better Me Letters Series: Day 65 – Praying with Soul Purpose
One response to “90-Day A Better Me Series: Day 65 – Implementing Soul Purpose to Our Prayers”
[…] See Today’s Installment to get prayer techniques to help fulfill your soul purpose: 90-Day A Better Me Series: Implementing Soul Purpose to Our Prayers […]