Letters from A Better Me
90-Day A Better Me Letters Series
Part III: Living the Journey
Making the Now Count: Rebuilding our Lives
Day 71: Living Gratitude In My Daily Life
Living gratitude is my way of saying I trust the path that is being lit up for me. I trust that by making the choices that I do, I’m honoring my Creator, my journey, and myself. I’m grateful for this life and all the lessons I’m here to learn, teach, absorb, and grow from.
Today I’m Grateful
- I’m grateful to my Creator for allowing me to wake this morning to live this day.
- I’m grateful to be able to pray for those I love.
- I’m grateful for the air I’m able to inhale and exhale in every second of everyday.
- I’m grateful for being able to open my eyes and see what’s around me.
- I’m grateful for the way my body feels during my first morning stretch.
- I’m grateful for an alarm clock that wakes me up, so that I can be apart of getting my children off to school.
- I’m grateful for the quiet moments on my morning walk with my dog.
- I’m grateful for the smells of Hazelnut coming from my morning coffee.
- I’m grateful for my kids running around because it means they are healthy enough to be getting off to school.
- I’m grateful that my kids get ready in enough time to make their bus.
- I’m grateful for the quiet time I have to read and write on a regular basis.
- I’m grateful I have lots of supportive people around me so that I have the time to write everyday.
- I’m grateful for a loving and generous partner who helps me to experience love each day.
- I’m grateful to have friends to celebrate and support each other’s journeys.
- I’m grateful for a family who knows how to show love in beautiful ways.
- I’m grateful for the love and support that surrounds my kids and I so that our environment stays a healthy place.
- I’m grateful for all the times relationships failed because it led me to appreciate the AMAZING relationships in my life today.
- I’m grateful for that person who cut me off because he showed me what an aware driver I am.
- I’m grateful to that woman who blamed me for her choices, because it showed me how much I’ve grown in the choices I make.
- I’m grateful to the cashier who caught the error in pricing.
- I’m grateful to my daughter for seeing the person behind us needed help lifting something at check-out and without question, she assisted.
- I’m grateful to see the kindness of strangers interacting together.
- I’m grateful I had the opportunity to be in the check-out line of the cashier who was having a bad day so that I could give her a smile and some kind words.
- I’m grateful for the person who flicked me off as I crossed the street because I feel blessed not to live that kind of angry life.
- I’m grateful for the person going so slow in front of me because it got me to see that I was moving too fast without thinking.
- I’m grateful for my kids coming home arguing because I they are home safe and sound.
- I’m grateful for my teenage son who still gives me hugs and hangs out with me.
- I’m grateful for my kids active social lives because I can see they are enjoying life.
- I’m grateful for having dinner at home with my children a minimum of five nights a week.
- I’m grateful for some of the wild conversations about teenage life.
- I’m grateful I grew through my teenage life to be where I am now.
- I’m grateful for the men who violated me because it helps me to teach my daughter ways to protect herself to the best of her ability.
- I’m grateful I know how important self-worth is so that I can give my children seeds as they move through their teenage years.
- I’m grateful for when I let my children’s behavior trigger old feelings, so they can come up to heal.
- I’m grateful for beautiful sunsets
- I’m grateful for the opportunity to see the birds flying in for the night to rest
- I’m grateful for water to hydrate myself with throughout the day.
- I’m grateful for new and different foods to eat and taste.
- I’m grateful that I have a kitchen to cook in.
- I’m grateful to my Creator for letting me this day.
- I’m grateful for the lessons I learned.
- I’m so happy and grateful for my opportunities to spread love.
- I’m so happy and grateful for the lives I touched and the ones who touched mine.
- I’m grateful for my AMAZING family who I learn and grow with everyday.
- I’m grateful for a day well lived.
It makes me feel so uplifted when I can show up with love even in the face of people who are filled with their own darkness. I love the feeling of shining a little light on someone’s dark day. I see the effects when I’m walking through a store and I have positive exchanges with people behind the counter, then the people around are more open to get into the fun and walk around the store with a smile on their face when I see them later. The energy just moves in such a beautiful way. I notice I’m more open to say hello and be patient with others if I make my exchanges pleasant. I love how the contagious energy grows and expands.
I love how when I’m standing in a long line and I engage in conversations with the people around me, time flies and even if I leave the store later than I thought, I’m happy about the time I got to enjoy with strangers.
Living gratitude fills me up to the point that I feel like I’m giving to others from a full tank. I’m so grateful to experience this life through the lens of gratitude.
With Love and Gratitude,
A Better Me
Rachael Wolff ©2019
Don’t forget to read today’s companion piece: 90-Day A Better Me Series: Day 71 – Living Gratitude