I’m grateful for everything that has led me to be here now. I’ve been living an incredible journey, not just for the last 358 days that I’ve been writing this series, but my whole life. I have survived many interesting twists and turns. I’ve struggled through some very dark times, but I am who I am in this moment because of having been through it all. I can give what I give because of my experiences. I can have empathy and compassion for other humans because of the choices I’ve made to heal any wounds that surface along the way. I’ve gained the wisdom to embrace my light and my dark and love all of me. I know longer feel the need to deny any part of my experience as not serving my highest good. I’m taking no experience in my life for granted. I’m grateful for everything that got me here and allows me to live this life of mine—one precious moment at a time. I’ve stopped feeding the “Why me” story and I’m investing in the “for me” story instead. It’s MY CHOICE and that is so FREEING!
Today, I commit to appreciating the experiences that brought me to this moment. I’m sitting here writing these words and thinking about how over the last 358 days I’ve been able to come up with topics, ideas, tools, memories, and enlightening experiences to help me align daily with the energy of love, abundance, and peace. Many of my experiences were NOT pretty and/or easy, but they are all mine and they served me in so many beautiful ways. I love that my experiences have helped me to understand people on a deeper level and fed my passion to learn more. I’m a better human and mom, because I’ve healed from my past traumas and can openly share my experiences without it causing more emotional wounds to open up and splatter on innocent bystanders. I know how dangerous it is to project open wounds out. Being grateful for the experiences and making them work for me is A LOT less painful of a road.
Today is about being in gratitude for where my road has taken me.
- I look at the way my mind is processing what comes in and I’m so incredibly grateful that I can now clearly spot when I’m telling myself a painful story.
- I can quickly go to tapping into what I’m actually feeling without the story and allow the feelings to work through me to open me up to better possibilities.
- I’m practicing sharing my feelings without blame, but in the acknowledgment that if I don’t, I’m doing myself and any relationship I’m in a disservice.
- I’ve discovered that I don’t have to attach to anyone’s story that is trying to get me to align with the energy of fear, lack, and separation.
- I can speak clearly and affectively about what feels right and what doesn’t for my life.
- I can stand up for myself when I feel my boundaries have been pushed.
- I can change thoughts and beliefs that are no longer serving me.
- I have tools to support my wellness.
- I use self-care regimens that work!
- I know how to have a healthy intimate relationship with a man.
- I know how to help others without ignoring my own self-care.
- I trust that whoever shows up and whoever doesn’t is exactly how it is supposed to be in this moment.
- I trust that if I’m the one available, I’m the one who is supposed to be there for someone else.
- I am fully responsible and accountable for the energy I put out into the world.
- I have healthy and productive self-talk (this was a HUGE one for me)
- I can question my own thinking and come up with solutions that are aligned with the energy of love, abundance, and peace.
I feel like I can keep going, but the point is without EVERYTHING that happened to me, I would have done specific things differently. I love that I’ve read every book and gone to every seminar, class, and workshop that I have. I’m so happy I met all the people in AL-ANON that I did and was able to work through the 12-steps, which got me comfortable going inside for answers. I’m grateful I got to try so many different kinds of mental, emotional, and physical therapies to help me get out of my own way. I’m grateful I was able to go back to school to gain even more understanding of why humans do what they do. Everything on my path led me to this moment. In this moment, I feel fully aligned with the energy of love, abundance, and peace. I feel amazing!